Hawthorn Foundation: for Missouri
Hawthorn's Newest Members
Congratulations to our newest members:
The Hawthorn Foundation is a highly diverse group of Missouri leaders in business, education, economic development, healthcare and labor dedicated to making the state of Missouri stronger, thus developing a vibrant economy for the state of Missouri. Hawthorn was created as and remains a non-partisan, non-political organization of Missouri-based businesses and community leaders in statewide business recruitment, retention, and development efforts. Hawthorn also supports the State of Missouri government’s efforts to improve its effectiveness and efficiency to better serve its citizens. The Missouri Partnership is an important "front wheel" component of the Hawthorn Foundation.
Did you know?
Agriculture is in the DNA of the state of Missouri.
1. Missouri has 99,171 total farms, and over 90% are family owned and operated.
2. Missouri has over 250 farmers' markets.
3. Over 375,000 jobs are provided by Missouri agriculture.
4. Compared with other States, Missouri ranks 4th in turkey production, 10th in broiler (chicken) production, 5th in rice production, 11th in egg production, and 7th in cotton production.
5. Missouri has 1,190 dairy herds and its dairy farms produce approximately $252 million in milk sales annually.
Source: Missouri Department of Agriculture
Senator Kit Bond (1973-1977, 1981-1985)
General John Ashcroft (1985-1993)
Governor Roger Wilson (2000-2001)
Governor Bob Holden (2001-2005)
Governor Matt Blunt (2005-2009)
Governor Jay Nixon (2009-2017)
Governor Eric Greitens (2017-2018)
Governor Michael L. Parson (2018- )
Upcoming Board Meeting
The next board meeting is Wednesday April 10, 2019 at 1:00 PM. Register to attend on the Upcoming Events page.