The Hawthorn Foundation is made up of Missouri leaders supporting economic development. Hawthorn members join from every region of the state to work for the betterment of Missouri’s economy. Hawthorn supports the work of the executive branch of state government by sharing the cost of marketing activities and providing critical administrative support for a variety of economic development functions. Hawthorn also serves as a fiscal agent to support a variety of initiatives including grants, studies, conferences and trade-related events.
As Hawthorn members, Missouri’s economic development organizations are eligible for extra discounts on Missouri Partnership cooperative marketing events, which are offered so organizations can increase their community’s visibility by leveraging the Partnership’s marketing presence at various events throughout the year. These events allow communities to take advantage of networking opportunities with industry executives, while also enjoying sponsorship and/or exhibition privileges secured by the Partnership at significantly lower than standard registration rates.
In addition to economic development work, Hawthorn strives to educate members by hosting quarterly luncheons—which are hosted at venues across the state—that feature presentations on Missouri’s economic drivers. Hawthorn events also provide networking opportunities with leaders across Missouri. Hawthorn welcomes everyone and values all members as a source of enrichment.
Membership benefits may include:
- A position on the Hawthorn Board of Directors.
- A seat on all strategic planning initiatives to be drafted and presented to the administration.
- Priority consideration for service on the Missouri Partnership Board of Directors.
- Priority invitations to accompany state leaders on trade missions.
- Naming opportunity for delegation dinners on specified trade missions.
- Private Lunch with the Governor (subject to his availability) and Director of Economic Development for your senior executive team.
- Recognition on materials and at special events, including the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development.